Rubber plant Tineke
pa-rubbr-50d15Regular price €21,11 Sale price €11,99 Save €9,12
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Light watering Water whenever the top two inches of soil are dry. It needs a lot less water in winter than in summer.
- Bright light This plant loves bright light but not direct sun. Place in a light room, but not right next to the window.
- Humidity The leaves absorb a lot of moisture. Spraying with a mister every few days will encourage healthy growth.
- If you notice dust building up on those lovely leaves, gently wipe it off. It will keep pores clean and let leaves breathe freely.
- height 40cm, pot width 14cm
The rubber plant is most typically found in southern parts of Asia, where it can grow as tall as 60 metres. It gets its name from the white latex coursing through its veins, which was once used to make rubber.The rubber plant is not often used for its latex these days. It’s much more popular as a houseplant, loved for its thick, rubbery leaves. Those big leaves like a lot of light. Direct sun can be too harsh, but lots of indirect light will make this ex-sports star very happy. It will also appreciate a feed with liquid fertiliser once per month in spring and summer. Did you know? In parts of India, the rubber tree’s incredibly strong roots have been trained to form ‘living bridges’ over small rivers.